to our supporters
- Ralph Franklin
- Alan Reiner
- Gary Morlock
- Ryan Flannagan — Nuanced Media
- Bill Roe
- Drew Pearson
- Ida Tarbell
- Fund for Investigative Journalism
- Regional Transportation Authority/Pima Association of Governments
- John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation
- & many more!
We rely on readers like you. Join them & contribute to the Sentinel today!
A 17-month operation has shut down a smuggling ring, connected to Mexico’s Sinaloa drug cartel, that moved more than $33 million worth of drugs each month through Arizona. 76 were arrested, and 60,000 lbs. of marijuana were seized, along with 108 weapons and $750,000. (with videos) Read more»
The chief of federal border enforcement hailed an 18-month old program of teamwork between local, state, tribal, federal and Mexican authorities for making the border safer. Law enforcement is "prepared to deal" with the threat of increased violence by drug cartels, said Commissioner Alan Bersin. Read more»