The Pima County Public Library's "Welcome to America" team is partnering with the groupsTucson Afghan Community and the International Rescue Committee to collect items for Afghan refugees making Tucson their new home. Read more»
to our supporters
- John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- Regional Transportation Authority/Pima Association of Governments
- Humberto Lopez — HSLopez Family Foundation
- Google News Initiative
- Lara Rubio
- Derrick Rickard
- Donald Pitt — Donald Pitt Family Foundation
- Gregory Snider
- Monika Dorman
- Alexei Guren & Julie Levitt
- & many more!
We rely on readers like you. Join them & contribute to the Sentinel today!
The federal government is pausing its resettlement program for refugees around the world through early January 2022 to prioritize services for thousands of Afghan evacuees who are expected to exit military bases and arrive in cities across the country in the coming months. Read more»
The needs of women refugees outpace social services and are further complicated by traditional gender roles. Read more»