Special thanks
to our supporters

  • NewsMatch
  • John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
  • Rocco's Little Chicago
  • Newton B & Sunny Link Ashby
  • Ida Tarbell
  • Mari Jensen
  • Linda Ray
  • Vote Regina Romero
  • Dorothy Barth
  • Rob Charles
  • Julie Adams
  • & many more!

We rely on readers like you. Join them & contribute to the Sentinel today!

Hosting provider

Proud member of

Local Independent Online News Publishers Authentically Local Local First Arizona Institute for Nonprofit News
Amy Winslow, 7, accidentally swallowed several high-powered magnets in December 2019 that had to be surgically removed. On the left, Amy Winlsow recovering, and on the right are the remaining magnets.

Over the past decade, thousands of children have been treated at emergency rooms after swallowing high-powered magnets, according to Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates. Parents and doctors reported cases of children who were hospitalized with injuries such as perforated intestines and bowels. At least two children in the U.S. have died. Read more»

Angel Lopez, a second-year medical student from Yuma, Ariz. said the funding the University of Arizona would receive from this bill would help move the medical program forward.

A Tucson lawmaker is seeking a $15 million appropriation that he says would allow the University of Arizona’s medical, pharmacy and public health programs in downtown Phoenix to turn out more health care professionals. Read more»