Pima academic & athletic All-Americans recognized
The Pima Community College student-athletes who were selected Academic and Athletic All-Americans were recognized at the Board of Governors meeting on Wednesday.
Distance runner Nikki Regalado (Cienega HS) earned both Academic and Athletic All-American status, as she was NJCAA Second Team All-American for the 3,000-meter race during the indoor season.
Here’s a list of the Aztecs who named selected as Academic All-American:
- Rachel Williams (Cesar Chavez HS) – Women’s Basketball
- Valerie Luera (Cienega HS) - Softball
- Kamree Cady (Sahuaro HS) – Women’s Soccer
- Becca Harris (Salpointe Catholic HS) – Track & Field
- Heidi Lopez (Sunnyside HS) – Track & Field
- Patrick Mulrow (Chaparral HS) – Football
- Five other student/athletes were recognized by the Board for their efforts on the field this season as Athletic All-Americans:
- Alexis Medina (Nogales HS) – Men’s Soccer NJCAA 3rd Team All-American
- Raja Moreno-Ross (Tucson Magnet HS) – Women’s Basketball NJCAA 1st Team All-American
- Alexis Dotson (Las Cruces HS, NM) – Softball NJCAA and NFCA 1st Team All-American
- Kaysee Pilgrim (Barry Goldwater HS) – Track & Field Jumper NJCAA 1st Team All-American in high jump (Indoor Season) and Honorable Mention All-American in high jump (Outdoor Season)
- Brianna Rodriguez (Cienega HS) – NJCAA 1st Team All-American in long jump (Outdoor)