Though shorthanded, Pima men's tennis shares runner-up plaque at NJCAA Region I Championships
The Pima Community College men’s tennis team closed out play in the NJCAA Region I Championships on Wednesday at the Paseo Racquet Center.
The Aztecs tied for second place as they finished with a total of four points. Glendale Community College also finished with four points. Mesa Community College took first with 18 points. All three teams qualified for the NJCAA Division I National Championship. It will be held at the Jim Reffkin Tennis Center (50 S. Alvernon Way) from May 13-17.
Below are the results of each singles and doubles flight from Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s competition:
- (No. 1) Chris McDaniels lost to Francisco Angulo, Glendale CC, 6-3, 6-3
- (No. 2) Oscar Aguilera lost to James Mineo, Glendale CC, 0-6, 6-1, 6-4
- (No. 3) Beau Boyer defeated Christian Mineo, Glendale CC, 7-6 (5), 6-2
- (No. 4) Edgar Franco defeated David Rodriguez, Glendale CC, 6-3, 6-4
- (No. 5) Darin Trejo bye
- (No. 3) Beau Boyer lost to Maxim Kirsch, Mesa CC, 6-0, 6-0
- (No. 4) Edgar Franco lost to Yohann Prinsen, Mesa CC, 6-0, 6-0
- (No. 5) Darin Trejo lost to Jorge Sala, Mesa CC, 6-0, 6-0
- (No. 1) McDaniels/Boyer lost to Kyryll Kryvchun/Gonzalo Fernandez, Mesa CC, 6-2, 6-0
- (No. 2) Aguilera/Franco defeated James Mineo/Christian Mineo, Glerndale, CC, 2-6, 6-2, 6-2
- (No. 2) Aguilera/Franco lost to Maxim Kirsch/Lucas Severo, Mesa CC, 6-0, 6-2.