Section 8 program taking applications through Thurs.
Tucson/Pima County using lottery system for waiting list
The City of Tucson/Pima County Section 8 housing program began accepting applications Tuesday.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program will use a lottery-based system to ensure all who apply have an equal chance of placement on the list and there are no long waiting lines, the city announced.
Families, couples and individuals can apply through Thursday. Applicants will be assigned a waiting list number when all applications are received, the city said.
Applicants must meet income limits based on household and will be screened for a criminal background, the city said.
Applications are available online at the program's website and must be submitted between Tuesday and Thursday. Applications sent through the mail must be postmarked no later than Thursday.
Applications also are available at the following locations:
- Section 8 Office, 310 N. Commerce Park Loop
- Pima County Housing Center, 801 W. Congress
- Archer Center, 1665 S. La Cholla Blvd.
- Catalina Community Center, 16562 N. Oracle Rd., Catalina
- Cavigilia Arivaca Library, 17050 W. Arivaca Rd., Arivaca
- Clements Center, 8155 E. Poinciana Way
- El Pueblo Center, 101 W. Irvington Rd.
- El Rio Center, 1390 W. Speedway Blvd.
- Geasa Marana Library, 13370 N. Lon Adams Rd., Marana
- Joyner Green Valley Library, 601 N. La Canada Dr., Green Valley
- Kino Community Center, 2805 E. Ajo Way
- Northwest Center, 2160 N. Sixth Ave.
- Picture Rocks Community Center, 5615 N. Sanders Rd.
- Pima County Community Services, 120 Estrella Ave., Ajo
- Randolph Recreation Center, 200 S. Alvernon Way
- Swetland Community Center, 1550 S. Sahuarita Park Rd., Sahuarita
- Pascua Center, 785 W. Sahuaro St.
- Quincie Douglas Center, 1575 E. 36th St.
- Udall Center, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd.
For more information, call the Section 8 Housing office at 791-4739.