Transportation Improvement Program
Share your tips for transportation improvements
Public comment on $1.5 billion in projects ends May 26
Tired of the potholes on your road to nowhere commute? You can put forth your suggestion for personal jetpacks, or perhaps a more down-to-earth solution for our transportation troubles, by commenting on $1.5 billion in proposed improvements.
The Pima Associated of Governments is accepting public comments on the 2011-2015 Transportation Improvement Program, which covers projects planned over the next five years.
The TIP identifies priorities for roadways, public transit, aviation, bike and pedestrian facilities as well as programs such as ride sharing, VanPool and Safe-Routes-to-School.
The draft TIP document and Comment Sheet are available online at www.PAGnet.org, and at several location:
- • Pima Association of Governments, 177 N. Church Ave., Suite 405
- • City engineers’ offices for the cities of Tucson and South Tucson,
and for the towns of Marana, Oro Valley and Sahuarita
- • Pima County Department of Transportation Administrative
- • Tribal offices of the Pascua Yaqui Tribe and Tohono O’odham
- • All branches of the Pima County library system
Comment sheets should be submitted to PAG by May 26. The TIP is scheduled to be presented to PAG’s Regional Council for final approval at its May 27 meeting, 12 p.m. at 177 N. Church Ave.