Timeline of Giffords shooting released
Posted Jan 14, 2011
A timeline of the events leading up to the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and 18 others was released Friday by the Pima County Sheriff's Department:
- 11/30/2010 Jared Lee Loughner purchased a Glock Model 19, 9mm handgun with extended magazine and one box of ammo Winchester.
- 11:35 p.m. 1/7/2011 Loughner drops off roll of 35mm film to be developed at Walgreens, 3800 W. Ina Rd.
- 12:24 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner makes a purchase at Circle K Store #3400, 4900 W. Ina Rd.
- 12:29 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner checks into Motel 6, 4630 W. Ina Rd.
- 2:19 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner returns to Walgreens at 3800 W. Ina Rd.to retrieve developed photos and makes a purchase.
- 2:34 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner makes purchase at Chevron Store #95481, 7620 N. Hartman Rd.
- 4:12 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner posted bulletin on Myspace. Titled post "Goodbye friends" and contained a photo from Walgreens on website.
- 6:12 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner makes purchase at Walmart Store #2922 at Foothills Mall, 7635 N La Cholla Blvd.
- 6:21 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner makes purchase at Circle K Store #08510 at 3712 W. Cortaro Farms Rd.
- 7:04 a.m. 1/8/2011 Walmart Store #2922 at Foothills mall, 7635 N La Cholla Blvd. Loughner attempted to purchase ammunition at Walmart.
- 7:27 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner makes purchase for ammunition and a diaper bag (backpack style) at Super Walmart, 8280 N. Cortaro Rd.
- 7:30 a.m. 1/8/2011 AZ Game & Fish Department officer stops Loughner for running a red light at Cortaro Rd. and I-10.
- between 7:31 a.m. and 9:40 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner returned home, removed a black bag from the vehicle. His father confronted him and he fled on foot carrying the black bag.
- 9:41 a.m. 1/8/2011 Cab driver picks up Loughner from Circle K at 3712 W. Cortaro Farms Rd. and drives him to Safeway, 7100 N. Oracle Rd.
- 9:54 a.m. 1/8/2011 Cab driver and Loughner enter Safeway to get change for fare.
- 10:10 a.m. 1/8/2011 Loughner opens fire. Nineteen people wounded: 6 fatalities, 13 injured.
- 10:11 a.m. 1/8/2011 Pima County Sheriff's Department receives 911 call of shooting at Safeway, 7100 N. Oracle Rd.
- 10:14 a.m. 1/8/2011 First medical unit, Rural Metro Fire Rescue 76 (Paramedic Unit) dispatched to shooting at Safeway.
- 10:15 a.m. 1/8/2011 Deputy Audetat is first deputy on scene and detains suspect.
- 10:16 a.m. 1/8/2011 Deputy Patino second on scene at Safeway and secures weapon.
- 10:19 a.m. 1/8/2011 Medical personnel begin arriving on scene.
- 10:31 a.m. 1/8/2011 Southwest Ambulance, Paramedic 831 on scene at Safeway.
- 10:41 a.m. 1/8/2011 Southwest Ambulance, Paramedic 831 transported Congresswoman Giffords to UMC.
- 10:50 a.m. 1/8/2011 Suspect transported to Foothills Substation.
- 6:59 p.m. 1/8/2011 Warrant served at Loughner's parents' residence, 7700 block N. Soledad Ave.
Filed undernews, politics & government, crime & safety, local, arizona, nation/world, breaking,
Read more aboutgabrielle giffords, jared lee loughner
More by Dylan Smith
- Our Fallen: Tucsonans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan wars3
- Top aide to Az Gov. Hobbs resigns effective immediately
- PCC Chancellor Lambert stepping down to run college in Silicon Valley
- Judge finds against Kari Lake, reaffirms Hobbs was elected Arizona governor
- New director's focus a 'dynamic & inclusive course' for UA's troubled Center for Creative Photography
- More stories »