The City of Tucson is advising motorists of travel restrictions on
A Mountain on Saturday. Two scheduled events between 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
will affect travel.
Other travel advisories
- Beginning 8 a.m. Monday, Mona Lisa Road at Magee Road will be closed for construction while the intersection is prepared for paving. The Pima County Department of Transportation expects the intersection to be reopened Jan. 13 at 8 a.m.
- There will be intermittent lane closures on S.R. 86 west of Robles Junction from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. starting Monday and ending Jan. 12 for Arizona Department of Transportation construction. The speed limit will be reduced to 25 mph in the work zone.
- Beginning Monday, the westbound lanes of Sixth Street between Fourth and Fifth avenues, will be closed for utility work. Traffic will be detoured to the center turn lane for approximately 300 feet. Within the detour, left turns will be prohibited. Work is expected to last two weeks.
Tucson Department of Transportation has issued the following list of intersections and streets affected by the Eighth Street Drainage Improvement project, which extends from Sixth Avenue on the west to Third Avenue on the east and Sixth Street on the north to Stevens Avenue on the south.
- The intersection of Fifth Avenue/Eighth Street is closed until mid-February.
- Seventh Street, between Sixth and Arizona avenues, is closed until mid-February.
- Beginning Monday, the intersection of Eighth Street/Herbert Avenue will be closed for approximately three months.
- The intersection of Fifth Avenue/Seventh Street is closed through mid-January. There is access to businesses.
- From Tuesday until Friday, Third Avenue will be closed to through traffic between Sixth and Eighth streets. Access to homes in the area will be maintained.
- Traffic control on Herbert and Hoff avenues, between Sixth and Ninth streets, has been changed to allow for two-way travel.