Pinal sheriff ordered to pay settlement over SB 1070 arrest

A federal judge has ordered the Pinal County Sheriff's Office to pay $25,001 for improperly using the state's controversial immigration law, SB 1070, to detain an Eloy woman and then transport her to Border Patrol custody.

Dec 19, 2014, 10:46 am

$25,001? Really? An extra buck, huh?

Dec 19, 2014, 2:31 pm

Babeu is well known for trying to have his undocumented alien Mexican boyfriend deported. Don’t believe me look it up. And while a headmaster at a school for troubled youths he had a sexual relationship with one of the students who was a minor

Dec 22, 2014, 9:06 am

Cactus Dave wrote:

I know you’ve been working very hard to build a reputation for yourself as a hopelessly brain dead idiot, but even at that you should know that’s a pretty heavy accusation to publicly make toward someone without proof.

Dec 22, 2014, 12:16 pm

Bret another ignorant comment..Just google it…there is plenty of documentation and he has even admitted it…and this is not exactly news

Dec 22, 2014, 12:20 pm

@Cactus Dave

I just googled it. I found allegations, but never an admission from him or a conviction.

Throwing those sorts of accusations could get you sued. And, in all honesty, in this case I really hope it does.

Dec 22, 2014, 3:25 pm

First of all he can’t sue me…he is an elected official and secondly moron the allegations are true and he has admitted to having a relationship with the student in question…I find it amazing that someone who claims to be so moral would defend such disgusting conduct by someone who is an elected official

Dec 22, 2014, 3:29 pm

@Cactus Dave

Really? He can’t sue just because he is an elected official and you’re making outlandish comments that could be considered libelous? I’m not sure that’s how it works.

And, since I’m so stupid and can’t find it on my own, how about you provide a link to a credible source where Babeu admits sex with a minor…oh, and not supposedly through a third party, either.

Dec 22, 2014, 3:52 pm

crawl back under your rock…i suppose to you anything that isn’t Fox News isn’t credible. And first of all the comments are not outlandish…they have been out there for some times, are not libelous since they are ture and he is an elected official and can’t sue since it is freedom of speech.

Dec 22, 2014, 4:58 pm

Hey Genius, freedom of speech doesn’t cover slander or libel, and unless it is a parody elected officials are just as protected as you and I are. Maybe this is why you cowardly hide behind a pseudonym rather than use your real name…fear of litigation.

And, you reacted exactly how I expected you to react when I ask you to, God forbid, cite a credible reference.

Dec 22, 2014, 6:03 pm

Bret you have to be the dumbest teaparty idiot on the face of this earth….there is no protection for elected official moron…otherwise Fred Duval would be suing Ducey for every penny he has…Like most teabigots you don’t know what you are talking about and free speech scares the hell out of you

Read more about

aclu, immigration, paul babeu, pcso