Judge denies McSally move, says to continue counting Pima ballots

GOP request for restraining order on provisional ballots refused by court

A request by GOP candidate Martha McSally for a restraining order to halt the count of provisional ballots in Pima County was denied by a judge Monday. McSally, up just 341 votes, has had her lead slowly eroded as additional ballots have been tallied in her challenge to U.S. Rep. Ron Barber.

Nov 10, 2014, 5:28 pm

@frakityfrak,

What do you mean, “steal an election”? Just curious how you think counting votes that are valid under state elections procedures is corrupt.

Nov 10, 2014, 9:50 pm

Did McSally really try to take away my vote if some old geezer forgot to sign it?

Kudos to the judge for upholding democracy!

Nov 10, 2014, 9:52 pm

It’s more like McSally is trying to steal my vote. @frakityfrak@frakityfrak

Nov 10, 2014, 10:31 pm

@frakityfrak,

As far as Judge Marner’s political proclivities go, he’s a registered Republican — a Marine veteran who was appointed to the bench by Gov. Jan Brewer, and was the president of the King County (Wash.) Prosecuting Attorneys Association two decades ago.

Nov 11, 2014, 9:25 am

McSally has proven herself unfit to hold office and has disgraced the uniform she once wore

Nov 11, 2014, 10:46 am

@Cactus Dave exactly, if her mission was ever to build democracies overseas, then why is she trying to undermine ours here?

I personally had to vote provisionally because of an arbitrary technicality. it was an injustice to begin with, now she’s gonna try and take my vote due to no fault of my own. ( if some person forgot their part in the procedure of my ballot when I had all the intent in the world to vote) That’s just wrong.

Can’t wait till she’s a few fries short of her happy meal.