Comments on Buckmaster Show

Buckmaster: Is Rio Nuevo worth saving?

Today on Buckmaster — Margaret Regan with the latest on the Tucson arts scene, certified financial planner Shelly Fishman with the Tuesday Money Maker Report, Republican Mark Napier talks about his run for Pima County Sheriff, and a newsmaker interview with state Senate President Steve Pierce.

Jun 19, 2012, 9:27 pm

Buckmaster: Is Rio Nuevo worth saving?

No. Next question…

I don’t get it…are these questions supposed to make one listen to the show? Because these are just way too easy. If Buckmaster insists on posing questions to get you to listen that might actually spark some debate, then that would be better. Example…

Walkup corrupt or just senile?
Romero deliberately mispronounces her own first name, or did she forget what it is?
What the hell were Tucson voters thinking voting Shirley Scott back in?
Will you be alive to see the Tucson Streetcar reach the financial break-even point? Will your children? Your grandchildren?
Is the Gem Show going to leave next year, or the year after?

See, Buckmaster…these are much better questions that might actually get someone to listen to your show.

Jun 20, 2012, 8:37 am

Gee Bret, From all your comments, I imagine you have a great deal of expertise in journalism. Did you graduate from the Columbia School of Journalism or Northwestern? Do you have a radio show of your own? The way you criticize Buckmaster reminds me how I used to know how to play golf better than Arnold Palmer! In fact I knew how to coach basketball a lot better than John Wooden!! My advise to you is get a life!

Jun 20, 2012, 9:15 am

@Old Prof

Well, if Buckmaster has that degree, then perhaps he should be asking Northwestern and Columbia for his money back.

Jon Justice has his own radio show, and I’m sure you’re a huge fan of his, right?

Wow, I love your logic…just because someone has something means they’re just instantly, automatically qualified to have it.

Jun 20, 2012, 9:20 am

@Bret Linden

Another point, and I can’t believe it took me a few minutes to see this…but you just made my point for me.

Someone with credentials and experience like Buckmaster has should be doing better than an AM radio station in one of America’s smallest markets by this point in his career. What could be holding him back, hmmmmm???? Perhaps the fact that he’s way too soft? “Mutual admiration society” is no way to host a talk show of the nature his is supposed to be. It’s regrettable that Buckmaster must have been sick the day they taught that at Columbia or Northwestern.

Jun 20, 2012, 9:25 am

Gee Brett, You should ask ITT Tech or Pima College for your money back! I did not say Buckmaster had a degree from those places. IT WAS SARCASM! Obviously a man of your intelligence understands sarcasm! Get a life and start contributing to the community rather than just envious criticism to those who are successful!!

Jun 20, 2012, 9:35 am

Hello Brett, The Buckmaster Show has not fallen into the negative aspects widely connected with “Talk Radio” ! He has a balanced presentation and a balance of credible guests! In life, It is easy to criticize and hard to succeed!  Again I repeat: Get a life and start contributing to the community rather than just envious criticism to those who are successful!!

Jun 20, 2012, 9:45 am

@Old Prof

Balanced? Credible guests like Braindead Bob? Successful being on AM radio in Tucson. Yeah, I’ll let you think about that for a while.

Tell you what…I’ll give your post and the advice contained therein all the consideration and attention it deserves, considering that it comes from someone who can’t spell someone’s name despite the fact that the correct spelling is right in front of their face.

Jun 20, 2012, 9:51 am

Gee Bretttt, Negativity about our former mayor. Where were you a mayor at? I need to get back to work and not waste time on negative, envious people. Maybe you should work instead of commenting close to 700 times. Then you could get off ACCHS and food stamps! Get a life and start contributing to the community rather than just envious criticism to those who are successful!!

Jun 20, 2012, 12:27 pm

@Old Prof

I love the logic…“If I repeat something enough times, they’ll make it true, then everyone will start to believe it”. That’s the third time you used the lame “envy” angle. True, the endless-repeating method works on enough Tucsonans for idiots to win elections around here, but that doesn’t mean it works on everyone.

What’s to envy? Unless Buckmaster has other employment I don’t know about, I make more money than the guy. And, based on his promotional photos, I am probably better looking. So, I’m not seeing where the “envy” comes in.