- Midtown woman missing since March
- Live weather radar
- Model gov't: Arizona lawmakers outsource legislative ideas
- Air Guard to conduct F-16 flyovers for Memorial Day events
- Tie your weekend together with free 'Big Lebowski' tickets
- Arizona felons have steep path to restore voting rights9
- Ally Miller aide linked to imitation news website; alter ego posing as reporter4
- Rios: Why is Ducey removing roadside memorials?4
- Court lifts ban on Arpaio's workplace immigration raids3
- Sheriff Babeu warns of cartel assassins in Pinal County 2
Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:25 pm
The Pima Community College women’s basketball team (5-7) took control late in the second half to defeat Sait College (Canada) 64-49 in the first day of the Bruce Fleck Classic on Thursday at the West Campus Aztec Gym.
The Aztecs trailed much of the first half but took a 27-24 lead at the break. With the game tied at 30 in the second half, the Aztecs went on a 20-6 run to stretch their lead to 50-36.
Although Sait College came back to cut Pima's lead to five, that’s as close as it would get. The Aztecs outscored the Trojans 14-4 down the stretch. A’jha Edwards (Tombstone HS) scored a game-high 18 points. DJ Davis (Tolleson HS) finished the with 13 points while Raja Moreno (Tucson HS) fell just short of a double-double with nine points and 11 rebounds.
The Aztecs will play the College of Southern Idaho in the second day of the Bruce Fleck Classic on Friday at 5 p.m.