- Live weather radar
- Police & fire scanners
- Report road hazards, graffiti & other issues
- Wildcats continue spring season against UTEP Miners
- Judge rules feds can try BP agent in Nogales cross-border shooting
- A note to UA's new president: In my day, we didn't have 'safe places'7
- Lawyer: BP 'lost or destroyed' original video of Nogales cross-border shooting1
- Shafer withdraws as candidate for TUSD interim sup't1
- TUSD set to hire interim leaders after apparent open meeting law violation1
- JCPenney may close El Con store1
Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:25 pm
The Pima Community College women’s basketball team (5-7) took control late in the second half to defeat Sait College (Canada) 64-49 in the first day of the Bruce Fleck Classic on Thursday at the West Campus Aztec Gym.
The Aztecs trailed much of the first half but took a 27-24 lead at the break. With the game tied at 30 in the second half, the Aztecs went on a 20-6 run to stretch their lead to 50-36.
Although Sait College came back to cut Pima's lead to five, that’s as close as it would get. The Aztecs outscored the Trojans 14-4 down the stretch. A’jha Edwards (Tombstone HS) scored a game-high 18 points. DJ Davis (Tolleson HS) finished the with 13 points while Raja Moreno (Tucson HS) fell just short of a double-double with nine points and 11 rebounds.
The Aztecs will play the College of Southern Idaho in the second day of the Bruce Fleck Classic on Friday at 5 p.m.