- 'Tea Party' nonprofits rarely endorsed political candidates
- Genocide conviction of Rios Montt overturned in Guatemala — for now
- Israeli defense chief warns Syria on cross-border fire in Golan Heights
- J.C. Scott: Steve Pierce on Senate passage of Medicaid expansion
- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
Posted Sep 22, 2012, 10:09 pm
The Pima Community College football team (1-4) gave up 12 points in the third quarter and couldn't come back on Saturday, falling to the Phoenix College Bears 21-9 at Kino Stadium.
With the game scoreless in the second quarter, Phoenix College (2-1) got on the board first but the Aztecs blocked the extra point and Mikell Everette (Kentwood HS) returned it to the end zone to give Pima two points.
The Bears scored on their first two possessions of the third quarter to make it 18-2. The Aztecs' comeback attempt included a score by backup quarterback Max Shepherd (Sunrise Mountain HS) on a 20-yard touchdown run with 6:55 remaining in the third quarter.
The loss marks Pima's second of the year to Phoenix; the Bears beat the Aztecs 17-14 on Aug. 23 in Phoenix.
The Aztecs will be on the road next Saturday when they travel to Mesa Community College. The game will be at 7 p.m.