- Report: Obamacare repeal could cut millions from Az public health funding
- Grijalva joins dozens of other Democrats boycotting Trump inauguration
- Police & fire scanners
- Dirt roads help some cities, counties drive down costs
- Border Patrol agent's Texas murder trial begins
- Pima County schedules 5 public meetings on Monsanto 3
- Letter to business leaders: Step in on PCC's behalf3
- Backpage.com executives plead Fifth in hearing on sex trafficking1
- Sheriff's Dep't GV commander claims political payback in demotion by Napier1
- A look at 2017: The year of 'Who the Hell Knows'1
Posted May 15, 2011, 10:19 pm
The Albuquerque Isotopes scored seven times before the fourth inning Sunday and beat the Tucson Padres 10-5.
Isotopes catcher Damaso Espino capped off a third inning rally with a long home run over the left field bullpen. In the third, Padres center fielder Luis Durango nearly made a sliding catch to leave the bases loaded, but the ball fell out of his glove, and three runs scored after the attempt.
Tucson starter Matt Buschmann allowed seven runs in five innings in his 2011 Triple-A debut. Buschmann was transferred from Double-A San Antonio and will fill the rotation spot of Simon Castro, who is on the disabled list with a right lat strain.
Both clubs had a major league All-Star leading off because of injury rehab assignments. Orlando Hudson played five innings for Tucson, hitting two doubles and drawing a walk. Both doubles were to right field with Hudson batting right-handed. Rafael Furcal had another strong game atop the lineup for Albuquerque, hitting a first inning double and scoring a run in the win. Both Furcal and Hudson are expected to play Monday at Kino Stadium.
Tim Hagerty is the play-by-play announcer for the Tucson Padres.