- Live weather radar
- Arizona says it has run out of execution drugs
- Police & fire scanners
- Arizona's economic growth slowed in 2015, as copper mining took a hit
- More children dying of heat after being left in cars
- Heraldgate is needlessly spinning out of control on Ally Miller2
- Deadlocked court leaves thousands of immigrants in limbo 2
- Update: 2 hikers die, 1 missing, on Tucson trails as temps spike to 115-plus2
- Ex-Ally Miller staffer 'confesses' he was behind bizarre blog2
- Giffords calls for civility in this ‘very negative’ campaign season2
Posted May 15, 2011, 10:19 pm
The Albuquerque Isotopes scored seven times before the fourth inning Sunday and beat the Tucson Padres 10-5.
Isotopes catcher Damaso Espino capped off a third inning rally with a long home run over the left field bullpen. In the third, Padres center fielder Luis Durango nearly made a sliding catch to leave the bases loaded, but the ball fell out of his glove, and three runs scored after the attempt.
Tucson starter Matt Buschmann allowed seven runs in five innings in his 2011 Triple-A debut. Buschmann was transferred from Double-A San Antonio and will fill the rotation spot of Simon Castro, who is on the disabled list with a right lat strain.
Both clubs had a major league All-Star leading off because of injury rehab assignments. Orlando Hudson played five innings for Tucson, hitting two doubles and drawing a walk. Both doubles were to right field with Hudson batting right-handed. Rafael Furcal had another strong game atop the lineup for Albuquerque, hitting a first inning double and scoring a run in the win. Both Furcal and Hudson are expected to play Monday at Kino Stadium.
Tim Hagerty is the play-by-play announcer for the Tucson Padres.