- Live weather radar
- Tucson's prep football season loaded with memories despite somber ending
- Acedo drops 25 points as Pima men's basketball surges vs. Glendale
- Smith has 19 points & 7 steals as Aztec women push by Glendale
- Police & fire scanners
- Sedgwick's surprise win may be exactly what TUSD needs3
- Monsanto deal no dirtier than recent Pima County triumphs2
- Ally Miller's lack of discipline exposes taxpayers, undermines GOP2
- County supes OK incentives for Raytheon expansion1
- Undocumented immigrants fear what Trump will do to 'sanctuary cities'1
Posted May 15, 2011, 10:19 pm
The Albuquerque Isotopes scored seven times before the fourth inning Sunday and beat the Tucson Padres 10-5.
Isotopes catcher Damaso Espino capped off a third inning rally with a long home run over the left field bullpen. In the third, Padres center fielder Luis Durango nearly made a sliding catch to leave the bases loaded, but the ball fell out of his glove, and three runs scored after the attempt.
Tucson starter Matt Buschmann allowed seven runs in five innings in his 2011 Triple-A debut. Buschmann was transferred from Double-A San Antonio and will fill the rotation spot of Simon Castro, who is on the disabled list with a right lat strain.
Both clubs had a major league All-Star leading off because of injury rehab assignments. Orlando Hudson played five innings for Tucson, hitting two doubles and drawing a walk. Both doubles were to right field with Hudson batting right-handed. Rafael Furcal had another strong game atop the lineup for Albuquerque, hitting a first inning double and scoring a run in the win. Both Furcal and Hudson are expected to play Monday at Kino Stadium.
Tim Hagerty is the play-by-play announcer for the Tucson Padres.