- Live weather radar
- Wednesday night means free bike lights
- This cold it will continue: Freeze forecast again overnight
- Court hears GOP suit to overturn City Council election
- Support local independent news on #GivingTuesday
- Varney: What's Plan B after bond defeat?11
- Despite GOP lawsuit, judge's ruling seems to favor city-wide elections9
- Message to GOP: Play the game before you claim you are victims of it9
- Tucson leaders need professional help after bond losses4
- GOP Council candidates won East Side, still lost in landslides3
Posted May 15, 2011, 10:19 pm
The Albuquerque Isotopes scored seven times before the fourth inning Sunday and beat the Tucson Padres 10-5.
Isotopes catcher Damaso Espino capped off a third inning rally with a long home run over the left field bullpen. In the third, Padres center fielder Luis Durango nearly made a sliding catch to leave the bases loaded, but the ball fell out of his glove, and three runs scored after the attempt.
Tucson starter Matt Buschmann allowed seven runs in five innings in his 2011 Triple-A debut. Buschmann was transferred from Double-A San Antonio and will fill the rotation spot of Simon Castro, who is on the disabled list with a right lat strain.
Both clubs had a major league All-Star leading off because of injury rehab assignments. Orlando Hudson played five innings for Tucson, hitting two doubles and drawing a walk. Both doubles were to right field with Hudson batting right-handed. Rafael Furcal had another strong game atop the lineup for Albuquerque, hitting a first inning double and scoring a run in the win. Both Furcal and Hudson are expected to play Monday at Kino Stadium.
Tim Hagerty is the play-by-play announcer for the Tucson Padres.