- Live weather radar
- Calling candidate commentaries: Pols' op-eds wanted
- Obamacare-driven competition lowering rates in some states
- 40 Mexican bishops taking 'intensive' exorcism course
- D.C. circuit panel strikes down federal health susbsidies
- Daily Star paywall to charge online readers19
- Babeu tip prompts some to plan blockade of Oracle migrant kids' shelter10
- Feds delay busing migrant kids to Oracle; rival groups demonstrate4
- Math is hard: U.S. still likely to get to next stage of World Cup3
- Lack of legal help for migrant kids prompts ACLU suit2
Posted May 15, 2011, 10:19 pm
The Albuquerque Isotopes scored seven times before the fourth inning Sunday and beat the Tucson Padres 10-5.
Isotopes catcher Damaso Espino capped off a third inning rally with a long home run over the left field bullpen. In the third, Padres center fielder Luis Durango nearly made a sliding catch to leave the bases loaded, but the ball fell out of his glove, and three runs scored after the attempt.
Tucson starter Matt Buschmann allowed seven runs in five innings in his 2011 Triple-A debut. Buschmann was transferred from Double-A San Antonio and will fill the rotation spot of Simon Castro, who is on the disabled list with a right lat strain.
Both clubs had a major league All-Star leading off because of injury rehab assignments. Orlando Hudson played five innings for Tucson, hitting two doubles and drawing a walk. Both doubles were to right field with Hudson batting right-handed. Rafael Furcal had another strong game atop the lineup for Albuquerque, hitting a first inning double and scoring a run in the win. Both Furcal and Hudson are expected to play Monday at Kino Stadium.
Tim Hagerty is the play-by-play announcer for the Tucson Padres.