- Church services for Isabel Celis scheduled for Saturday
- Police & fire scanners
- Live weather radar
- Lightning (and Rath) strike in waning minutes of rugby match
- Report road hazards, graffiti & other issues
- Dems' best hope to beat McSally could be a complete nobody4
- Another good guy with gun takes others with him2
- What new UA president's pay tells us about the salary game1
- Forest Service: Help find person of interest in Mt. Lemmon wildfire1
- Change bill: McCain again pushes dollar coins, eliminating pennies1
Posted Apr 20, 2017, 12:12 pm
Pima Community College men’s basketball highlight Deion James (Empire HS) received a prestigious award from the NJCAA on Thursday.
James, a sophomore forward, was named the 2017 Spalding NJCAA Division II Player of the Year.
James was selected first-team NJCAA All-American last week and was the ACCAC Co-Player of the Year. He was also named to the NJCAA Division II All-Tournament team and was the Region I, Division II tournament game MVP. He led the ACCAC in points (20.6) and rebounds (9.6) as well as tallying 20-double-doubles on the season.
The Aztecs won 22 games this season; the most since 1989-90 and won 13 ACCAC conference games which was the most since the 2000-01 season. They captured their first Region I, Division II championship since 2010 and were second in the NJCAA in scoring at 99.5 points per game.