- Church services for Isabel Celis scheduled for Saturday
- Police & fire scanners
- Live weather radar
- Lightning (and Rath) strike in waning minutes of rugby match
- Report road hazards, graffiti & other issues
- Dems' best hope to beat McSally could be a complete nobody4
- Another good guy with gun takes others with him2
- What new UA president's pay tells us about the salary game1
- Forest Service: Help find person of interest in Mt. Lemmon wildfire1
- Change bill: McCain again pushes dollar coins, eliminating pennies1
Posted Apr 19, 2017, 10:05 pm
Pima Community College softball player Mari Ruiz (Cholla HS) signed her national letter of intent on Wednesday evening.
Ruiz, a sophomore outfielder will continue her collegiate career at West Texas A&M, an NCAA Division II school in Canyon, Texas. The Lady Buffs won the national title in 2014 when former Pima player Jessica Sipe was on their roster. This season they have former pitcher Alexis Alfonso.
Ruiz has played in 35 games this season with 66 at-bats. She has 11 RBIs and 29 runs scored while batting .258 on the season. She played her first year of college softball at Phoenix College last season.
The Aztecs have four regular season games remaining. They are off until Tuesday when they play at Paradise Valley Community College in Phoenix. They will close out the season at the West Campus against South Mountain Community College on Saturday, April 29.