- Phoenix Rising gets narrow win in sort-of debut for Drogba
- Church services for Isabel Celis scheduled for Saturday
- Police & fire scanners
- Live weather radar
- Lightning (and Rath) strike in waning minutes of rugby match
- Dems' best hope to beat McSally could be a complete nobody4
- Another good guy with gun takes others with him2
- What new UA president's pay tells us about the salary game1
- Forest Service: Help find person of interest in Mt. Lemmon wildfire1
- Change bill: McCain again pushes dollar coins, eliminating pennies1
Posted Apr 19, 2017, 6:05 pm
Pima Community College softball pitcher Mandy Lorenson (Ironwood Ridge HS) was recognized by the NJCAA for the second time this season for her pitching efforts.
Lorenson, a freshman, was named NJCAA Division I Pitcher of the Week on Wednesday; a day after begin named ACCAC Division I Pitcher of the Week for the week of April 10-16. She received the national honor for the week of March 13-19.
She earned two wins on the mound against Scottsdale Community College as she threw 12 innings, giving up no runs (none earned) on three hits with 15 strikeouts. She threw her fourth no-hitter of the season in the first game.
Lorenson is 12-6 with a 3.88 ERA. She is second in the conference with 124 strikeouts. She has pitched 99.1 innings with 12 complete-games.
The Aztecs have two regular season ACCAC conference doubleheaders remaining as they hold on to the No. 4 and final seed for the Region I, Division I tournament. They lead Arizona Western College by three games for the final spot.
The Aztecs play at Paradise Valley Community College on Tuesday and host South Mountain Community College on Saturday, April 29.