- Church services for Isabel Celis scheduled for Saturday
- Police & fire scanners
- Live weather radar
- Lightning (and Rath) strike in waning minutes of rugby match
- Report road hazards, graffiti & other issues
- Dems' best hope to beat McSally could be a complete nobody4
- Another good guy with gun takes others with him2
- What new UA president's pay tells us about the salary game1
- Forest Service: Help find person of interest in Mt. Lemmon wildfire1
- Change bill: McCain again pushes dollar coins, eliminating pennies1
Posted Apr 18, 2017, 11:01 pm
The Pima Community College men’s golf team closed out the regular season on Tuesday as part of the Paradise Valley Invitational.
The Aztecs took fourth place with a team score of 591 (291-300) at the Gainey Ranch Golf Course in Scottsdale. Mesa Community College took first place with 565 (283-282), Eastern Arizona College placed second with 571 (283-288) and South Mountain Community College was third with 577 (286-291).
The top four golfers for the Aztecs each tied for 14th place in the individual standings. Sophomore Jonah Daniels (Chaparral HS) shot an even-par for the first round and finished with a 148 (72-76). Freshman Derek Lozier (Salpointe Catholic HS) had a one-under par 71 in the first round and shot a 148 (71-77).
Freshman Colton Gage (Cienega HS) had a six-stroke improvement in his second round of play as he finished with a 148 (77-71) and freshman Cooper Cordova (Mountain View HS) struggled a bit in his second round and had a 148 (71-77).
The Aztecs look to three-peat as Region I, Division I champions as they compete in the Region I Championships at the Gold Canyon Golf Course (Sidewinder course) from April 27-30.