- Live weather radar
- Our Fallen: Tucsonans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan wars3
- Honoring the other veterans: Az group chafes at limits on Confederate flags
- Police & fire scanners
- Report road hazards, graffiti & other issues
- Arizona felons have steep path to restore voting rights9
- Ally Miller aide linked to imitation news website; alter ego posing as reporter4
- Rios: Why is Ducey removing roadside memorials?4
- Court lifts ban on Arpaio's workplace immigration raids3
- Sheriff Babeu warns of cartel assassins in Pinal County 2
Updated Dec 14, 2012, 4:37 pm
Authorities have identified the man suspected of killing 26 people at a Connecticut school as 20-year-old Adam Lanza. The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary left 20 children dead, reports said.
According to news reports, Lanza opened fire at the school in Newtown, Conn., on Friday morning.
The suspect died at the scene from a self-inflicted gunshot.
Lanza's mother was killed at the family's home.
The death toll in the shooting rampage, including Lanza's suicide, was 28.
Earlier reports said that 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, Adam's brother, was the shooter. A report from a law enforcement official mixed up the brother's names, leading to widespread postings of the older brother's photograph by news organizations, including this one.
Photos of the older brother were posted on his Facebook page, which identified his connections with Hoboken, N.J. and Newton. That page was taken down early Friday afternoon.
“Our hearts are broken today," President Barack Obama said. "We have endured too many of these tragedies."
The nation has been "through this too many times," with recent mass shootings, and must take action "regardless of the politics."