- Live weather radar
- Az's high priest of the Holy Handgun commands obedience to the faith
- $706K in cocaine & marijuana seized at BP checkpoints
- Police & fire scanners
- Padilla, Robinson lead way as Salpointe rolls past Catalina Foothills
- PCSD's Chief Deputy Radtke indicted for RICO funds misuse3
- McCain: 'I will not vote for Donald Trump'; McSally mum on endorsement3
- Lawmakers question credentials of new Phoenix VA director3
- Radtke indictment unsealed: Pima's chief deputy accused of $500k in laundering, theft2
- Sunshine Mile born to die for progress2
Updated Dec 14, 2012, 4:37 pm
Authorities have identified the man suspected of killing 26 people at a Connecticut school as 20-year-old Adam Lanza. The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary left 20 children dead, reports said.
According to news reports, Lanza opened fire at the school in Newtown, Conn., on Friday morning.
The suspect died at the scene from a self-inflicted gunshot.
Lanza's mother was killed at the family's home.
The death toll in the shooting rampage, including Lanza's suicide, was 28.
Earlier reports said that 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, Adam's brother, was the shooter. A report from a law enforcement official mixed up the brother's names, leading to widespread postings of the older brother's photograph by news organizations, including this one.
Photos of the older brother were posted on his Facebook page, which identified his connections with Hoboken, N.J. and Newton. That page was taken down early Friday afternoon.
“Our hearts are broken today," President Barack Obama said. "We have endured too many of these tragedies."
Concerned about keeping quality reporting alive in Tucson?
A metro area of nearly 1 million deserves a vital & sustainable source of news that's independent and locally run.
Support TucsonSentinel.com with a contribution today!
The nation has been "through this too many times," with recent mass shootings, and must take action "regardless of the politics."