- Texas lawmakers criticize border surge for moving crime but not stopping it
- Navajo, feds sign agreement giving tribe greater control over schools
- Study: Influx of immigrants is overall boost to U.S. workers, economy
- Tribal leaders give Obama high marks for Native American relations
- Franks urges action on pro-life bill stalled in Az Senate for a year
Updated Dec 12, 2011, 4:45 pm
The office of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords will hold an interactive town hall meeting on traumatic brain injuries Wednesday at the Veterans Affairs hospital in Tucson.
Doctors, experts on brain injuries and a veteran who was injured while serving in Iraq will speak at the event that will be streamed live on the web, said Giffords' spokesman Mark Kimble.
Traumatic brain injuries affect more than 1.5 million Americans a year with many injured in Afghanistan and Iraq, Kimble said in a press release.
The discussion will focus on the impact of those injuries on the military and the importance of rehabilitation, Kimble said.