- Aztec volleyball secures No. 3 seed in regional tourney
- Autism, invisible disabilities are barriers to finding work
- VA fights veteran homelessness beyond Tucson, Phx areas
- 4-year-old boy Tucson's second drowning victim of 2014
- Update: One killed in BP shooting near Casino del Sol
Updated Dec 12, 2011, 4:45 pm
The office of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords will hold an interactive town hall meeting on traumatic brain injuries Wednesday at the Veterans Affairs hospital in Tucson.
Doctors, experts on brain injuries and a veteran who was injured while serving in Iraq will speak at the event that will be streamed live on the web, said Giffords' spokesman Mark Kimble.
Traumatic brain injuries affect more than 1.5 million Americans a year with many injured in Afghanistan and Iraq, Kimble said in a press release.
The discussion will focus on the impact of those injuries on the military and the importance of rehabilitation, Kimble said.