- Judge rules feds can try BP agent in Nogales cross-border shooting
- Police & fire scanners
- Live weather radar
- Varney to retire as Metro Chamber chief
- Lawsuit claims CBP officer sexually molested Guatemalan woman and 17-year-old sister
- A note to UA's new president: In my day, we didn't have 'safe places'7
- Lawyer: BP 'lost or destroyed' original video of Nogales cross-border shooting1
- Shafer withdraws as candidate for TUSD interim sup't1
- TUSD set to hire interim leaders after apparent open meeting law violation1
- JCPenney may close El Con store1
Posted Dec 4, 2013, 5:44 pm
On Wednesday's edition:
We started the show with Beth Rosenberg, the director of Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice for the Children's Action Alliance. Following last month's revelation that more than 6,500 reports of abuse had been ignored by Arizona's Child Protective Services, over four hundred people attended a public forum Tuesday night addressing the issue.
24 min: We were joined by state Sen. David Bradley, who talked about his opinion piece in the Arizona Daily Star, "Governor's CARE Team appointments to deal with CPS."
40 min: We then spoke with KVOI talk show host Joe Dreyfuss, who discussed the challenges facing the Arizona Game and Fish Department's attempts to reintroduce big horn sheep to the Catalina Mountains.
51 min: Up next was Richard White, regional CEO of the Red Cross, who appealed to listeners to give blood, volunteer time or make a charitable donation.
71 min: Financial advisor Shelly Fishman joined John for our regular Wednesday segment, "Your Financial Future." This week's focus was how your advisor's self-interest can be more aligned with your own.
87 min: We finished the show with Washington commentator Jimmy Zuma, who updated listeners to the latest news from the nation's capitol, including discussions on the Affordable Care Act, some Republicans calling for President Obama's impeachment and the Border Patrol union advocating for overtime changes that would cut officers' pay.
The John C. Scott Show airs Monday-Friday, 3-5 p.m. on KVOI 1030 AM. The opinions expressed on the John C. Scott Show are those of the host and guests. TucsonSentinel.com posts show archives as a public service, because of the number of local newsmakers interviewed on the program.