- What's open, what's closed for Thanksgiving
- Arizona driving deaths on rise after sharp drop in 2014
- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- County shelter waiving adoption fees Thanksgiving weekend
- Live weather radar
- AAA: Tucson's Prop. 201 wouldn't make streets safer13
- Varney: What's Plan B after bond defeat?11
- Despite GOP lawsuit, judge's ruling seems to favor city-wide elections9
- Message to GOP: Play the game before you claim you are victims of it9
- GOP Council candidates won East Side, still lost in landslides3
Posted Nov 14, 2011, 11:04 am
The national media hullabaloo over U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly jumped a notch Monday, with word that Kelly is appearing on the cover of Esquire magazine
Kelly fronts the December cover story on "The Americans of the Year."
New York Magazine this week features a lengthy examination of Giffords' recovery, "What Would Gabby Do?," that looks at her options for a political future. It's a piece long on speculation and short on named sources.
Monday night, the couple will appear in an interview on an ABC News special with Diane Sawyer, scheduled to air at 9 p.m.
Esquire called retired astronaut Kelly "the embodiment of American hope against very long odds."
"Many large strains of current American history are contained in the compressed story of his year," reads the article's subhead.
The story features photos of Kelly, dressed in a "(j)acket by Tommy Hilfiger; T-shirt by Alternative Apparel; khakis by Dockers; watch by Breitling. Above: Shirt by Tommy Hilfiger; T-shirt by Alternative Apparel; khakis by Dockers; boots by Red Wing Shoes; watch by Breitling."
Support TucsonSentinel.com & let thousands of daily readers know
your business cares about creating a HEALTHIER, MORE INFORMED Tucson