- Live weather radar
- Former FC Tucson player Velazco embraces new role for Monarchs
- Pablo nets a pair as Aztec women's soccer pummels South Mountain
- Banegas has 2nd straight hat trick as Pima men's soccer flattens South Mountain
- Police & fire scanners
- Fight to remain silent: People often waive Miranda rights5
- What are your rights at U.S.-Mexico Border Patrol checkpoints?3
- As insurers leave Arizona, Obamacare consumers face higher costs this fall2
- Win tickets to 'West Side Story' at the Loft1
- Foster care children aging out of Arizona system need transitional help1
Posted Nov 14, 2011, 11:04 am
The national media hullabaloo over U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly jumped a notch Monday, with word that Kelly is appearing on the cover of Esquire magazine
Kelly fronts the December cover story on "The Americans of the Year."
New York Magazine this week features a lengthy examination of Giffords' recovery, "What Would Gabby Do?," that looks at her options for a political future. It's a piece long on speculation and short on named sources.
Monday night, the couple will appear in an interview on an ABC News special with Diane Sawyer, scheduled to air at 9 p.m.
Esquire called retired astronaut Kelly "the embodiment of American hope against very long odds."
"Many large strains of current American history are contained in the compressed story of his year," reads the article's subhead.
The story features photos of Kelly, dressed in a "(j)acket by Tommy Hilfiger; T-shirt by Alternative Apparel; khakis by Dockers; watch by Breitling. Above: Shirt by Tommy Hilfiger; T-shirt by Alternative Apparel; khakis by Dockers; boots by Red Wing Shoes; watch by Breitling."
Concerned about keeping quality reporting alive in Tucson?
A metro area of nearly 1 million deserves a vital & sustainable source of news that's independent and locally run.
Support TucsonSentinel.com with a contribution today!