- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Tucson inventor’s Spider-Man toy lands in Supreme Court
- Ducey signs controversial abortion bill
- Tucson's Garden of Gethsemane park closed by vandalism
- Police & fire scanners
- Bill would create REAL ID-compliant licenses – if Arizonans pay for them7
- Legislature moves to block cities from banning plastic bags5
- City Hall fights transparency in manager search5
- Biggs finds supply-side economics embarrassing & dangerous4
- High court grills both sides in Arizona redistricting case4
Posted Nov 14, 2011, 11:04 am
The national media hullabaloo over U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly jumped a notch Monday, with word that Kelly is appearing on the cover of Esquire magazine
Kelly fronts the December cover story on "The Americans of the Year."
New York Magazine this week features a lengthy examination of Giffords' recovery, "What Would Gabby Do?," that looks at her options for a political future. It's a piece long on speculation and short on named sources.
Monday night, the couple will appear in an interview on an ABC News special with Diane Sawyer, scheduled to air at 9 p.m.
Esquire called retired astronaut Kelly "the embodiment of American hope against very long odds."
"Many large strains of current American history are contained in the compressed story of his year," reads the article's subhead.
The story features photos of Kelly, dressed in a "(j)acket by Tommy Hilfiger; T-shirt by Alternative Apparel; khakis by Dockers; watch by Breitling. Above: Shirt by Tommy Hilfiger; T-shirt by Alternative Apparel; khakis by Dockers; boots by Red Wing Shoes; watch by Breitling."
TucsonSentinel.com relies on contributions from our readers to support our reporting on Tucson's civic affairs. Donate to TucsonSentinel.com today!
If you're already supporting us, please encourage your friends, neighbors, colleagues and customers to help support quality local independent journalism.