- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Super PAC leaders score perks from political donations
- Why is this Common Core math problem so hard? Supporters respond to quiz that went viral
- Focus on marketplace enrollment overlooks millions who bought private insurance
- Tucson Water holding public info meetings
Posted Oct 28, 2011, 7:45 pm
The Humane Society of Southern Arizona will get into the Halloween spirit with a "Howl-O-Ween" book signing and "Spooktacular" costume contest at La Encantada on Sunday.
Families, pets and children are welcome at PAWSH's second annual Howl-O-Ween bash from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
"It is a great way to get out and celebrate such a fun holiday," said Sara Gromley, an HSSA spokeswoman.
PAWSH, located at La Encantada, is an HSSA adoption center. The store has adoptable pets and pet-related items and toys.
Michael J. Rosen, author of "Hound Dog's Haiku," "Night of the Pumpkinheads," will sign copies of his new book, "My Dog: A Kids' Guide to Keeping a Happy and Healthy Pet."
For a $5 donation to the HSSA, pets and kids can enter the costume contest. Winners for best costume and best pet-kid duo will win pet-themed gift baskets. Kids' activities and treats will be offered.
There also will be animals decked out in Halloween gear ad available for adoption.
"Last year there were such great costumes. You saw different themed costumes with whole families and it was just a lot of fun," said Gromley.
For more information, visit www.hssaz.org.