- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- J.C. Scott: Details of Arizona's sales tax changes
- A puffed-up appeal to job fears
- Majority of Supreme Court members millionaires
- IRS probe so far yields partial, partisan ‘facts’
Posted Sep 2, 2011, 2:27 pm
The City of Tucson released the final canvass of Tuesday's primary election, including a count of the ballots dropped off on Election Day.
About 2,000 Republican ballots with a write-in vote for Rick Grinnell were dropped off, raising his count to 7,770. That's well above the 1,060 write-ins he needed to earn a spot on November's general election ballot. There were 9,687 write-in votes cast for mayor on GOP ballots.
Primary election returns
- Jonathan Rothschild (D): 26918
- David Karr (D write-in): 41
- Joseph Maher (D write-in): 64
- Rick Grinnell (R write-in): 5,773
- Daryl Peterson (R write-in): 12
- Dave Croteau (G): 127
- Mary DeCamp (G): 369
- Joe Flores (D): 1420
- Regina Romero (D): 4695
- Beryl Baker (G write-in): 10
- Paul Cunningham (D): 5547
- Jennifer Rawson (R): 5079
- Shirley Scott (D): 4133
- Tyler Vogt (R): 3874
Results by ward are available on the city clerk's website.