- VA agreement includes $20M for Phoenix outpatient clinic
- Wheels on Sun Tran to keep going around, at least for another week
- Casa de los Niños needs clothes for abused, neglected kids
- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Linda Ronstadt awarded Nat'l Medal of Arts for 'one-of-a-kind voice'2
Posted Aug 24, 2010, 12:36 pm
A tourist from Mexico was shot and killed Sunday by a group of gunmen while vacationing in Rocky Point, reports say.
Juan Antonio Rodriguez Nogales, 47, was in the Mexican resort town, also known as Puerto Peñasco, when he was shot seven times by a group of armed men, reports RockyPointNewsOnline.
Rodriguez, originally from Barcelona, Spain, was a resident of Cuidad Juarez, the English-language website said:
He had been in Puerto Penasco for about a week with his family, staying at a local resort. Having just finished trailering his yacht with his Lincoln pickup truck, Rodriguez was washing the boat down when a black Jeep Cherokee pulled up. Witnesses later reported seeing 4 or 5 men armed with AK47s get out of the Cherokee and open fire on the man without any discussion. Investigators later recovered 16 used cartridges at the site.
Rodriguez was with his wife, Juana Silvia de la Cruz, 37, and their 14-year old son when he was shot.
Spanish speakers can read an account of Rodriguez's killing at El Diario.
TucsonSentinel.com's original reporting and curation of border and immigration news is generously supported in part by a grant from the Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation.