- Live weather radar
- Police & fire scanners
- Lightning (and Rath) strike in waning minutes of rugby match
- Report road hazards, graffiti & other issues
- Advocates criticize Latino vendors for bids on ‘shameful’ border wall
- Dems' best hope to beat McSally could be a complete nobody4
- Another good guy with gun takes others with him2
- What new UA president's pay tells us about the salary game1
- Forest Service: Help find person of interest in Mt. Lemmon wildfire1
- Change bill: McCain again pushes dollar coins, eliminating pennies1
Posted Aug 9, 2012, 10:05 pm
State Sen. Olivia Cajero Bedford, the Democratic incumbent in LD3, joined John to talk about her campaign. She asked why a conservative organization like American Federation for Children, Inc. would get in the middle of a Democratic primary, supporting her opponent, Maria Garcia. She talked about her support of tax credits for the film industry, tourism, and job creation.
Tucson Weekly Editor Jimmy Boegle talked with John in our "Tucson Weekly on Radio" segment. Issues discussed included ranch dog laws, congressional and Senate primaries, Jared Loughner guilty plea, and the Republican primary for Pima County sheriff.
U.S. Rep. Jeff Flake, a candidate in the Republican Senate primary, gave an update on his hard-fought campaign agains Wil Cardon. Flake talked about recent endorsements from the Arizona Home Builders Association, National Rifle Association, and the Arizona Republic. His top issues include border security, health care, government spending, education, transportation and energy.
The John C. Scott Show airs Monday-Friday, 3-5 p.m. on KVOI 1030 AM. The opinions expressed on the John C. Scott Show are those of the host and guests. TucsonSentinel.com posts show archives as a public service, because of the number of local newsmakers interviewed on the program.
TucsonSentinel.com's original reporting and curation of border and immigration news is generously supported in part by a grant from the Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation.