- Live weather radar
- Former FC Tucson player Velazco embraces new role for Monarchs
- Pablo nets a pair as Aztec women's soccer pummels South Mountain
- Banegas has 2nd straight hat trick as Pima men's soccer flattens South Mountain
- Police & fire scanners
- Fight to remain silent: People often waive Miranda rights5
- What are your rights at U.S.-Mexico Border Patrol checkpoints?3
- As insurers leave Arizona, Obamacare consumers face higher costs this fall2
- Win tickets to 'West Side Story' at the Loft1
- Foster care children aging out of Arizona system need transitional help1
Posted Aug 9, 2012, 10:05 pm
State Sen. Olivia Cajero Bedford, the Democratic incumbent in LD3, joined John to talk about her campaign. She asked why a conservative organization like American Federation for Children, Inc. would get in the middle of a Democratic primary, supporting her opponent, Maria Garcia. She talked about her support of tax credits for the film industry, tourism, and job creation.
Tucson Weekly Editor Jimmy Boegle talked with John in our "Tucson Weekly on Radio" segment. Issues discussed included ranch dog laws, congressional and Senate primaries, Jared Loughner guilty plea, and the Republican primary for Pima County sheriff.
U.S. Rep. Jeff Flake, a candidate in the Republican Senate primary, gave an update on his hard-fought campaign agains Wil Cardon. Flake talked about recent endorsements from the Arizona Home Builders Association, National Rifle Association, and the Arizona Republic. His top issues include border security, health care, government spending, education, transportation and energy.
The John C. Scott Show airs Monday-Friday, 3-5 p.m. on KVOI 1030 AM. The opinions expressed on the John C. Scott Show are those of the host and guests. TucsonSentinel.com posts show archives as a public service, because of the number of local newsmakers interviewed on the program.
TucsonSentinel.com's original reporting and curation of border and immigration news is generously supported in part by a grant from the Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation.