- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Az official: Proposed carbon emissions goals too harsh
- Republican bills aim to ax Clean Elections1
- CAP official: 61 percent chance of Colorado River shortage by 2017
- Code Pink is all about the green
Posted Feb 26, 2014, 4:01 pm
As Gov. Jan Brewer held meetings Wednesday to inform her decision on SB 1062, the Hispanic National Bar Association canceled plans to hold its 2015 convention in Arizona.
“As a national association of lawyers committed to promoting the ideals of equal protection, equal opportunity, tolerance, and inclusiveness, it is imperative that we speak up and take immediate action in the presence of injustice,” the group said in a news release.
A group advocating for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community delivered thousands of petition signatures to Brewer’s office.
Check back for updates.