- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Undocumented minors not getting due process in immigration cases
- Do these displaced Hondurans deserve asylum in America?
- ‘Dr. Evil’ fuels dogfight between AKC, Humane Society
- Washington's cynical misinformation game
Posted Feb 26, 2014, 4:01 pm
As Gov. Jan Brewer held meetings Wednesday to inform her decision on SB 1062, the Hispanic National Bar Association canceled plans to hold its 2015 convention in Arizona.
“As a national association of lawyers committed to promoting the ideals of equal protection, equal opportunity, tolerance, and inclusiveness, it is imperative that we speak up and take immediate action in the presence of injustice,” the group said in a news release.
A group advocating for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community delivered thousands of petition signatures to Brewer’s office.
Check back for updates.