- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- High court grills both sides in Arizona redistricting case1
- Demonstrators demand release of transgender woman in ICE custody
- Officials expect heavy snowfall to boost Flagstaff economy
- Texas border bill: More troopers, fewer surges
Posted Feb 26, 2014, 4:01 pm
As Gov. Jan Brewer held meetings Wednesday to inform her decision on SB 1062, the Hispanic National Bar Association canceled plans to hold its 2015 convention in Arizona.
“As a national association of lawyers committed to promoting the ideals of equal protection, equal opportunity, tolerance, and inclusiveness, it is imperative that we speak up and take immediate action in the presence of injustice,” the group said in a news release.
A group advocating for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community delivered thousands of petition signatures to Brewer’s office.
Check back for updates.