- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Live weather radar
- Police & fire scanners
- Report road hazards, graffiti & other issues
- Weekend events to kickstart your holiday season
- Varney: What's Plan B after bond defeat?11
- Despite GOP lawsuit, judge's ruling seems to favor city-wide elections9
- Message to GOP: Play the game before you claim you are victims of it9
- GOP Council candidates won East Side, still lost in landslides3
- Douglas rancher gets prison for slapping Border Patrol agent3
Posted Feb 26, 2014, 4:01 pm
As Gov. Jan Brewer held meetings Wednesday to inform her decision on SB 1062, the Hispanic National Bar Association canceled plans to hold its 2015 convention in Arizona.
“As a national association of lawyers committed to promoting the ideals of equal protection, equal opportunity, tolerance, and inclusiveness, it is imperative that we speak up and take immediate action in the presence of injustice,” the group said in a news release.
A group advocating for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community delivered thousands of petition signatures to Brewer’s office.
Check back for updates.