- Sunnyside capitalizes on late turnover to beat Pueblo once again
- Nixed messages: Trump not making Phoenix campaign stop — or is he?
- Police & fire scanners
- Long-time Maricopa sheriff Joe Arpaio faces tough re-election bid
- Live weather radar
- Fight to remain silent: People often waive Miranda rights5
- What are your rights at U.S.-Mexico Border Patrol checkpoints?3
- As insurers leave Arizona, Obamacare consumers face higher costs this fall2
- Win tickets to 'West Side Story' at the Loft1
- Foster care children aging out of Arizona system need transitional help1
Posted Feb 26, 2014, 4:01 pm
As Gov. Jan Brewer held meetings Wednesday to inform her decision on SB 1062, the Hispanic National Bar Association canceled plans to hold its 2015 convention in Arizona.
“As a national association of lawyers committed to promoting the ideals of equal protection, equal opportunity, tolerance, and inclusiveness, it is imperative that we speak up and take immediate action in the presence of injustice,” the group said in a news release.
A group advocating for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community delivered thousands of petition signatures to Brewer’s office.
Check back for updates.