- Wildcats prepare for tough match against #3 Stanford
- Dem. activist threatens to sue Ally Miller over social media blocking
- Live weather radar
- Yes, Arizona, it's now legal to post your ballot on Facebook
- Advocates worry Az rape kit backlog will discourage victims, enable offenders
- PCSD's Chief Deputy Radtke indicted for RICO funds misuse3
- McCain: 'I will not vote for Donald Trump'; McSally mum on endorsement3
- Lawmakers question credentials of new Phoenix VA director3
- Back in the saddle: John C. Scott to return to Tucson airwaves, again2
- Radtke indictment unsealed: Pima's chief deputy accused of $500k in laundering, theft2
Posted Feb 26, 2014, 4:01 pm
As Gov. Jan Brewer held meetings Wednesday to inform her decision on SB 1062, the Hispanic National Bar Association canceled plans to hold its 2015 convention in Arizona.
“As a national association of lawyers committed to promoting the ideals of equal protection, equal opportunity, tolerance, and inclusiveness, it is imperative that we speak up and take immediate action in the presence of injustice,” the group said in a news release.
A group advocating for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community delivered thousands of petition signatures to Brewer’s office.
Check back for updates.