- Attorney General Loretta Lynch praises Phoenix police training
- VW owners eligible for up to $10k from emissions settlement
- Holt to Trump: 'What evidence do you have?'
- Live weather radar
- IKEA agrees to massive recall of chests linked to tipover deaths of children
- Heraldgate is needlessly spinning out of control on Ally Miller2
- Deadlocked court leaves thousands of immigrants in limbo 2
- Update: 2 hikers die, 1 missing, on Tucson trails as temps spike to 115-plus2
- Ex-Ally Miller staffer 'confesses' he was behind bizarre blog2
- Giffords calls for civility in this ‘very negative’ campaign season2
Posted Feb 26, 2014, 4:01 pm
As Gov. Jan Brewer held meetings Wednesday to inform her decision on SB 1062, the Hispanic National Bar Association canceled plans to hold its 2015 convention in Arizona.
“As a national association of lawyers committed to promoting the ideals of equal protection, equal opportunity, tolerance, and inclusiveness, it is imperative that we speak up and take immediate action in the presence of injustice,” the group said in a news release.
A group advocating for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community delivered thousands of petition signatures to Brewer’s office.
Check back for updates.