- Live weather radar
- Churches promise 'radical welcome' for migrants with revived Sanctuary movement
- Sophomores set tone as Aztec men flatten Mesa CC
- Pima women's basketball falls off table in final seconds vs. Mesa
- In transition: 'Becky’s New Car' at Roadrunner Theatre
- Pima County schedules 5 public meetings on Monsanto 3
- Letter to business leaders: Step in on PCC's behalf3
- Grijalva joins dozens of other Democrats boycotting Trump inauguration2
- Backpage.com executives plead Fifth in hearing on sex trafficking2
- Mexican officials destroy guns connected to 'Operation Fast and Furious' 1
Posted Feb 26, 2014, 4:01 pm
As Gov. Jan Brewer held meetings Wednesday to inform her decision on SB 1062, the Hispanic National Bar Association canceled plans to hold its 2015 convention in Arizona.
“As a national association of lawyers committed to promoting the ideals of equal protection, equal opportunity, tolerance, and inclusiveness, it is imperative that we speak up and take immediate action in the presence of injustice,” the group said in a news release.
A group advocating for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community delivered thousands of petition signatures to Brewer’s office.
Check back for updates.