- Census: Fewer Arizona households received food stamps in 2013
- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Az budget: School's out forever!
- Live weather radar
- Poll: Political beliefs drive views on immigration
- Babeu tells House panel there’s ‘no law’ on immigration under Obama7
- Douglas folds in showdown with Ducey over firings6
- Endangered Mexican gray wolves get room to roam5
- Bill would create REAL ID-compliant licenses – if Arizonans pay for them4
- High court grills both sides in Arizona redistricting case4
Posted Jan 10, 2011, 3:40 pm
A photo of Jared Lee Loughner was released by the Pima County Sheriff's Department on Monday afternoon.
Loughner, who faces five federal charges and allegedly shot 20 and killed six on Saturday, was taken into custody following the shooting incident.
He was transferred to federal custody Saturday night, where he remains. He was formally charged Monday in Phoenix, and did not enter a plea.
The photo was taken Saturday by the Pima County Sheriff’s Department Forensic Unit, said Deputy Erin Gibson, a spokeswoman for the department. It is not a mug shot, she said.
Killed in the attack were federal judge John Roll and five others, including a nine-year-old girl. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among those severely wounded in the shooting.
Giffords was the target of the attack, authorities said.