- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Romero scores only goal as Aztecs shut out Phoenix College
- Live weather radar
- Arizona soccer routs NAU 4-0
- Baldwin and Holliday each post 10 kills but Aztec volleyball drops opener
- Third parties have opportunity in uncontested Tucson mayoral race5
- McSally staffers to hold constituent service hours throughout CD 25
- Former GOP Sedona lawmaker running for CD 1 as a Dem4
- Update: Heinz making bid to unseat McSally4
- Council's helplessness in bus strike is wrong message for November3
Posted Jan 10, 2011, 3:40 pm
A photo of Jared Lee Loughner was released by the Pima County Sheriff's Department on Monday afternoon.
Loughner, who faces five federal charges and allegedly shot 20 and killed six on Saturday, was taken into custody following the shooting incident.
He was transferred to federal custody Saturday night, where he remains. He was formally charged Monday in Phoenix, and did not enter a plea.
The photo was taken Saturday by the Pima County Sheriff’s Department Forensic Unit, said Deputy Erin Gibson, a spokeswoman for the department. It is not a mug shot, she said.
Killed in the attack were federal judge John Roll and five others, including a nine-year-old girl. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among those severely wounded in the shooting.
Giffords was the target of the attack, authorities said.