- Open U.S. House seats draw Az hopefuls – and millions in funds – before primary
- McCain, Ward spending on Senate primary rivaled by outside groups
- On-again, off-again Trump speech in Phoenix is back on, maybe
- Police & fire scanners
- Live weather radar
- Fight to remain silent: People often waive Miranda rights5
- What are your rights at U.S.-Mexico Border Patrol checkpoints?3
- As insurers leave Arizona, Obamacare consumers face higher costs this fall2
- By Joe Arpaio's logic, it's time to make an example of him1
- Win tickets to 'West Side Story' at the Loft1
Posted Jan 10, 2011, 3:40 pm
A photo of Jared Lee Loughner was released by the Pima County Sheriff's Department on Monday afternoon.
Loughner, who faces five federal charges and allegedly shot 20 and killed six on Saturday, was taken into custody following the shooting incident.
He was transferred to federal custody Saturday night, where he remains. He was formally charged Monday in Phoenix, and did not enter a plea.
The photo was taken Saturday by the Pima County Sheriff’s Department Forensic Unit, said Deputy Erin Gibson, a spokeswoman for the department. It is not a mug shot, she said.
Killed in the attack were federal judge John Roll and five others, including a nine-year-old girl. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among those severely wounded in the shooting.
Giffords was the target of the attack, authorities said.