- Jones' goal proves enough as Pima women shut out Glendale in regional quarterfinals
- Mexico fights illegal immigration on its own southern border
- Hemp may be next gold mine for Native American tribes
- Police & fire scanners
- A decade after recession, Arizona schools still suffer from budget cuts
- PCSD's Chief Deputy Radtke indicted for RICO funds misuse3
- McCain: 'I will not vote for Donald Trump'; McSally mum on endorsement3
- Lawmakers question credentials of new Phoenix VA director3
- Back in the saddle: John C. Scott to return to Tucson airwaves, again2
- Radtke indictment unsealed: Pima's chief deputy accused of $500k in laundering, theft2
Posted Jan 10, 2011, 3:40 pm
A photo of Jared Lee Loughner was released by the Pima County Sheriff's Department on Monday afternoon.
Loughner, who faces five federal charges and allegedly shot 20 and killed six on Saturday, was taken into custody following the shooting incident.
He was transferred to federal custody Saturday night, where he remains. He was formally charged Monday in Phoenix, and did not enter a plea.
The photo was taken Saturday by the Pima County Sheriff’s Department Forensic Unit, said Deputy Erin Gibson, a spokeswoman for the department. It is not a mug shot, she said.
Killed in the attack were federal judge John Roll and five others, including a nine-year-old girl. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among those severely wounded in the shooting.
Giffords was the target of the attack, authorities said.