- International exports seen as key to Arizona’s economic future
- MIA in the war on cancer: Where are the low-cost treatments?
- AZ Illustrated to go 'on hiatus,' new Metro Week to debut
- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- U.S., Mexico collaborate on flood to boost Colorado River delta
Posted Jan 10, 2011, 3:40 pm
A photo of Jared Lee Loughner was released by the Pima County Sheriff's Department on Monday afternoon.
Loughner, who faces five federal charges and allegedly shot 20 and killed six on Saturday, was taken into custody following the shooting incident.
He was transferred to federal custody Saturday night, where he remains. He was formally charged Monday in Phoenix, and did not enter a plea.
The photo was taken Saturday by the Pima County Sheriff’s Department Forensic Unit, said Deputy Erin Gibson, a spokeswoman for the department. It is not a mug shot, she said.
Killed in the attack were federal judge John Roll and five others, including a nine-year-old girl. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among those severely wounded in the shooting.
Giffords was the target of the attack, authorities said.