- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Live weather radar
- Police & fire scanners
- Report road hazards, graffiti & other issues
- Weekend events to kickstart your holiday season
- Varney: What's Plan B after bond defeat?11
- Despite GOP lawsuit, judge's ruling seems to favor city-wide elections9
- Message to GOP: Play the game before you claim you are victims of it9
- GOP Council candidates won East Side, still lost in landslides3
- Douglas rancher gets prison for slapping Border Patrol agent3
Posted Jan 10, 2011, 3:40 pm
A photo of Jared Lee Loughner was released by the Pima County Sheriff's Department on Monday afternoon.
Loughner, who faces five federal charges and allegedly shot 20 and killed six on Saturday, was taken into custody following the shooting incident.
He was transferred to federal custody Saturday night, where he remains. He was formally charged Monday in Phoenix, and did not enter a plea.
The photo was taken Saturday by the Pima County Sheriff’s Department Forensic Unit, said Deputy Erin Gibson, a spokeswoman for the department. It is not a mug shot, she said.
Killed in the attack were federal judge John Roll and five others, including a nine-year-old girl. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among those severely wounded in the shooting.
Giffords was the target of the attack, authorities said.