- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- Live weather radar
- Barber presses SoS on uncounted ballots
- No. 1 Texas A&M beats UA soccer 7-2
- Sanctuary cases have new future after Obama address
- Supes OK count as Barber alleges ballots improperly rejected10
- McSally gets freshman orientation in DC as recount looms7
- Undocumented woman marks 100 days in sanctuary in Tucson church6
- Judge denies McSally move, says to continue counting Pima ballots6
- McSally walks back plan to bar press from election party6
Updated Jan 10, 2011, 12:31 pm
Mark Kelly, husband of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, released a statement Sunday night:
On behalf of Gabby and our entire family, I want to extend our heartfelt gratitude to the people of Arizona and this great nation for their unbelievable outpouring of support. Gabby was doing what she loved most – hearing from her constituents – when this tragedy occurred. Serving Southern Arizonans is her passion, and nothing makes her more proud than representing them in Congress.
Like all Americans, we mourn the loss of Judge John M. Roll, Christina Taylor Green, Dorothy Morris, Phyllis Schneck, Dorwan Stoddard and Gabe Zimmerman, a fine man and beloved member of Gabby's team. We must never forget them, and our prayers are with their families. Our hearts go out to everyone injured yesterday; we hope and pray for their quick recovery. We also extend our thanks and appreciation to all of the first responders, medical personnel, law enforcement, and Arizona citizens who acted swiftly on Saturday and continue to assist our community through this tragedy. Many stories of heroism are emerging, and they are a source of strength for us during this difficult time. We are forever grateful.
Many of you have offered help. There is little that we can do but pray for those who are struggling. If you are inspired to make a positive gesture, consider two organizations that Gabby has long valued and supported: Tucson's Community Food Bank and the American Red Cross.
- Community Food Bank
- 3003 S Country Club Rd # 221
- Tucson, AZ 85713-4084
- (520) 622-0525
- American Red Cross, Southern Arizona Chapter
- 2916 East Broadway Boulevard
- Tucson, AZ 85716
- (520) 318-6740
A special fund at the food bank will be set up for those who wish to honor Giffords, the organization said Monday. The Gabrielle Giffords Hunger Fund will be established immediately, the food bank said in a news release.
Those wishing to make a donation may do so at www.communityfoodbank.org or call 622-0525.
$4,000 has been donated to the Gabrielle Giffords Hunger Fund already.