- Padres fall to Omaha in back-and-forth game
- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- TUSD lawyer appointed assistant city manager
- J.C. Scott: Reforming state sales tax
- DSM-5, controversial update to psych manual, released
Posted Jan 8, 2011, 3:12 pm
Saturday's Stanford-Arizona men's basketball game has been postponed following the shooting of U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and others this morning, the University of Arizona Athletics Department said.
"The university feels the game should be delayed with deep respect to the victims and families impacted by this tragedy," Arizona athletics director Greg Byrne said.
Byrne also noted that many UA police are currently assisting with the investigation of the shooting incident which took place in northwest Tucson.
The game has been rescheduled for 12:30 p.m. Sunday at McKale Center. New plans for broadcast of the game have not yet been determined. The game, which was scheduled for 4:30 p.m. today, was to be broadcast on KWBA-58 in Tucson.