- FC Tucson has Scorpions for breakfast in 2OT PK win
- Fla. man with alleged ties to Tsarnaev killed during FBI questioning
- Key Senate committee approves immigration overhaul
- Radar van locations, traffic incidents & today's gas prices
- PCC to award 300 adult ed GEDs Wednesday
Posted Jul 11, 2011, 9:24 am
Here's a fun measure of economic growth: beer drinking.
Beer sales in Latin America are growing faster than expected, the world's No. 2 brewer said today.
Colombians imbibed 10 percent more last month alone, Reuters reported. Panama, Honduras and El Salvador also did their part to help sales.
The company's strongest markets are in Colombia and Peru. It acquired a brewery in Argentina last year, entered the Brazilian market in January and the Bolivian market three weeks ago. Brazil is the world's third largest beer market, but is dominated by Anheuser-Busch InBev.